I'm working on a couple of new projects.
I mentioned in a prior post that I was making this frock coat.
After some thought, I've changed my mind (and pattern).
The frock coat above looks too boxy for the desired look.
The coat will now be made with this vintage
Butterick pattern circa 1976 (Ebay).
This military coat has a slimmer, more fitted silhouette.
However, this pattern is not lined.
I'm going to have to line it myself - a little bit of a challenge,
but it shouldn't be too difficult.
I found this musical note fabric over at Equilter.
I'll line the upper portion of the coat with this and
the tails with plain black lightweight broadcloth.
I'll be using black cotton twill fabric for the coat exterior.
I just prewashed and dried the yardage because it's 100% cotton.
It looks kind of old and that's the look I'm going for.
This coat will not have the ruffles or ornate buttons seen on the pattern.
I found these buttons at Benno's.
I like the black on black look.
It's going to look subtly tailored.
The other project I just started is this ice cream truck.
I've started putting together the frame out of foam core board.
It's about 10"x7"x5".
It's going to be a music box.
I found the wind-up music mechanism on
Ebay months ago with this project in mind.
It plays "In The Good Old Summer Time."
I'm going for a vintage style ice cream truck.
I hope it's still summer when I finish...
I hope your weekend is off to a fantastic start!