Friday night is "salad night" in our house. I like to try different things because I get bored of the same thing after a while (even if it's good). So, here's what I came up with last night:
Herb Salad with Portobello Mushroom and Gorgonzola Cheese
- 2 portobello mushrooms (washed)
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese
- herb salad (I used a mix of red and green oak leaf, red and green chard, mizuna, arugula, frisee, radicchio, parsley, cilantro, and dill)
Combine balsamic vinegar, garlic, olive oil, and thyme in a closeable plastic pouch. Add mushrooms and let marinate for at least 2 hours. In a small, resealable container, combine butter and gorgonzola cheese until well blended. After the mushrooms have marinated, heat oven to 375 F degrees. Place marinated mushrooms into oven-safe dish bottom side up. Spoon gorgonzola butter into each mushroom liberally. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until the gorgonzola cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven to cool for a few minutes. Put herb salad into bowl. Once mushroom has cooled enough, chop it into bits about 1". Sprinkle mushroom over salad and toss around. Enjoy.
I apologize. I ate this one so fast there was no time for pictures...